eFront eLearning (LMS) integration plugin v2 (Moodle alternative)

Discussion in 'Integration' started by skippybosco, Dec 19, 2010.

1. drmartinjr3i3

drmartinjr3i3 aMember Pro Customer

I have correct url/pass for API
    API is enabled
    There are no illegal characters
    Most recent version of api2, AMEMBER, and efront are installed

in amember groups show but courses and lessons do not

what can i do to resolve?

Please help
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Send me an email to {my username here} @ hotmail.com and I'll take a look at your setup and see if I can get you sorted out.
  3. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Skippy,

What is the best way to securely present video tutorials in eFront/aMember?

Do I embed them in eFront on aMember restricted pages?

Do I embed them in Wordpress on aMember restricted pages and link to them from eFront?

Do I do the above idea, but pull the video from Amazon S3?

I realize there may not be a 100% secure way to prevent video theft, but I am trying to figure out the best way to protect the video with the resources on hand.

Any insights on what is working for others?
  4. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

In addition to the above question, I am still a little unclear on what aMember offers to eFront management that is not available natively.

For instance, if subscription membership is not needed, would eFront handle signup, payment and folder protection fine on its own?
  5. skippybosco

@jackgordon:

1) Regarding securing video, there are a couple of ways that you can do this.

a) store the videos independent of eFront and use embed code within your lessons to point to the videos. Protect that folder using aMember. This is how I have my environments configured as I host my videos via an external CDN and make them available via multiple platforms (eFront, iTunes PodCast, etc)

b) use the native eFront video upload / embed which will store the video within the lesson content folders. Enable the "restrict access to lesson files" to prevent non-enrolled eFront users from seeing the files

2) aMember provides a couple of additional features:

a) protection of content outside of eFront lessons in cases like 1(a) above.
    b) security features built into aMember (multiple signon detection, etc)
    c) plugin support for other 3rd party apps to share credentials (wordpress, etc)
    d) larger set of payment provider options (eFront I believe only supports PayPal)
  6. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Thanks Skippy!
  7. trainsem

trainsem Member

The links to the download in the original message no longer work. The target page is blank.​
  8. skippybosco

Which link? They all appear to be working for me.
  9. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

Is there any demo for the community edition?

Also, can you tell me if this is possible...

1. Currently our students credentials are good for 10 days. Is it possible to expire them automatically at the point they complete the course, (or at the end of X days, whichever comes first)

2. If a student fails an exam, is there any way to revoke the access, and then offer the ability to retake it within X days for a fee?

Thanks
  10. skippybosco

1. The closest is the Community ++ Demo available here: http://efrontlearning.net/product/demo.html

2. There is not currently a feature to expire an account after course completion. Can you elaborate as to why you would want to do this?

3. You can allow an exam to only be taken once. You would need to build a custom API function to reset that test execution on purchase of an extension.
  11. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

1. Thank you.

2. I'm just the guy working on the site, and thats a feature they want. It sorta baffles my mind as well.

3. The exams are built using captivate, is this an easy thing to achieve? If not would it be available for custom coding and if so how much?

Thanks again!
  12. skippybosco

Would the exams be using the eFront internal exams or would this be a SCORM exam built using Articulate?
  13. tomeara

tomeara aMember Pro Customer

Skippy I have one certification course created in Captivate that I have within a protected folder on an amember site. I'm happy with amember. The course taker signs up in amember, pays through PayPal and is then allowed inside the protected folder to access the course. All self service, 24/7. No problems.

I have two pressing issues. I need to integrate into a Scorm compliant LMS because we need to start extensive tracking of student scores and answers by question. I would like to give the student the ability to print out a CUSTOM certificate upon passing the course. The CUSTOM certificate needs to be a very high quality printable PDF, and requires specific information, definitely not a generic certificate and definitely not a bmp or jpg image.

This certification course is taken all hours of the day and night, so we need to give the user immediate access upon payment and a user friendly experience.

Is all of this possible with eFront? Thanks in advance for your help!
  14. skippybosco

Yes, eFront supports printable PDF based certificates.
  15. trainsem

trainsem Member

I recently purchased aMember Pro and had it installed by CGI Central. I have eFront 3.6.10 Community Edition. (Soon to upgrade to Community ++)

I have trouble following the Word doc "Installing and configuring the aMember eFront integration plugin.doc" where it says (inside the blue picture):

6. In eFront, logged in as Administrator, go to System Configuration:
    Set "Redirect ... etc

When I am logged into eFront as administrator, the closest icon I see is Home > Options > System Settings but that has nothing to let me set redirects.

What am I doing wrong?

Back to the document point 5:

"A new “Efront Administration” option is available."

When I am editing a product I see in "Additional Options" eFront Groups and eFront Subscriptions but I can't see the courses created in eFront.

The only clue I can suggest is that efront.trainsem.com/www/api2.php comes up with an error "errorThe api module is disabled"
  16. skippybosco

Looks like some namings and locations have changed in the later versions.

1. For redirect, Logged on as admin to eFront -> System Settings -> Appearance.

2. To enable the XML, Logged on as admin to eFront -> System Settings -> External Tools -> Enable XML API
  17. trainsem

trainsem Member

When I am editing a product I see in "Additional Options" eFront Groups and eFront Subscriptions but there is no content in them to select. This has been mentioned a few times by others, but I haven't seen an actual answer on why that happens and how to fix it.

When I pay for a course in PayPal or ccDemo, the course name is there, but when I select it, I am taken to the home page of my Efront, but the login form here does not know the username/pwd I used in aMember.

What can I check?
  18. skippybosco

19. trainsem

trainsem Member

1. Yes
    2. Double checked
    3. This was it - I had ampersands (it isn't high ASCII but not complaining)

Thank you. But the rest of the problem still exists, i.e. how does the student access the course?
  20. skippybosco

Inside the .zip file is a document that walks you through associating a eFront Course / Lesson to an aMember product. Once this is done, add the product to your test user's payment history. The user will be added to eFront automatically when the payment record is marked active.

If the user does not show up you can check the aMember log file for possible reason (insufficient rights of API user, invalid characters in user's name, email or password, etc)