Drupal7 or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jermooski, May 9, 2011.

1. jermooski

jermooski New Member

Hello Everyone!

First, is Drupal 7 supported by aMember?

Second.. Im debating to use Drupal or Wordpress for a new site. Here is a rundown of what the site will entail.

Goals/Requirements:
    The ability to have a strong public site with many pages of content. (I have never been a fan of the goofy way wordpress handles pages and sub-pages, Drupal seems very strong on this point.)
    eCommerce store to sell digital downloads.. books, tutorials, etc. (Drupal/uBercart may work here)
    Membership area. Members will have the ability to access resources, articles, and information. This is where I'm struggling. Is Drupal7 + aMember a good idea? I do see lots of people using aMember + Wordpress for protected content and providing membership duties.

Thanks for any feedback!
    Jer
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Seems like you've made a good case for drupal- wordpress/amember is more popular, but that has to do with ease of use and general usage by big gurus who's followers then copy their models. Not always the best systems, just the most popular.

David
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Drupal plugin supports Drupal 7 as well.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

From integration point both plugins works the same way, so you need to make your decision based on Drupal and Wordpress features.
  5. amj94

amj94 New Member

in my opinion wordpress is good :)