drupal integration, "single product order pages", payments

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by cemper, Sep 27, 2006.

1. cemper

cemper Member

Hi,

I plan to purchase amember+drupal integration and got the following questions

How does the drupal integration work?

- will the amember plugin UPGRADE my drupal users - i.e. give them a new user role?
    - will the signup process be Drupal/transparent, so I can use the drupal signup process for paying users that are NOT yet my users? or otherwise spoken - will amember "remain in the back" for all the user data signup or will I have to rework my drupal signup process
    - does amember attach to the existing user tables?

Product order

- I need to have single pages for product orders AND/OR a shopping-cart like system... that means there is NO CHANCE to populate a full list of 400+ different options in your product list...
    idea - just send users to a page like "membersignup?product=242" and let them order THAT SINGLE product

Product import
    - can i import the products via CSV or using some insert statements in your database?

Products and Drupal
    - is there a way to interface your products table with my existing drupal main product tables

PayPal Payments recurring

- please confirm you fully support import and setup of paypal recurring payments, so that
    a) I can import previous user data from paypal (using their CSV export)
    b) I can let my clients setup new paypal subscriptions that amember will manage

Creditcard Payments recurring for Europe

- I need a credit card merchant-system that supports recurring billing,
    BUT most gateways like Authorize.net don't take merchants from outside the US, so which gateway do you support that supports merchants itself from Austria / Europe?

Sourcecode

- which parts of the package are encrypted,
    I assume ONLY your copyright protection is encrypted, so that
    modifications and fixes can be done in your code if required

Drupal integration in general

- please point me to a description of features and/or integration guidelines for that module if available

thanks and best regards
    Christoph C Cemper

christoph
  2. cemper

cemper Member

also - does worldpay support recurring charges? they seem to be the european Merchant account provider I was looking for
  3. cemper

cemper Member

found some answers already

source: only 2 files encrypted in pay-version! great
    drupal: it works on ROLEs

- follow up question: I need to have 3 roles in the drupal system
    - normal users
    - clients / buyers
    - affiliates
    - partners

at least the client + affiliate role must be managed by amember - the others should remain untouched

order:

"membersignup?product=242" works similar to that with the group func

shopping-cart: NO, but not as important

PayPal Payment import: seems to work ... need to test that ASAP

CC provider: ??? do you support recurring cc with worldpay ?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, recurring billing with WorldPay is supported and works well!
  5. cemper

cemper Member

can you comment ont his?

- follow up question: I need to have 3 roles in the drupal system
    - normal users
    - clients / buyers
    - affiliates
    - partners

at least the client + affiliate role must be managed by amember - the others should remain untouched

also I need to IMPORT the original, exisitng drupal users that I have now
  6. stephthegeek

stephthegeek New Member

I attempted to do something similar with Drupal + aMember and it didn't go exactly as planned. Alex has been very helpful and aMember is a great product, but I do not feel that it handles Drupal's roles well. When a person's membership expires, it drops them from ALL roles. I had a lot of problems trying to get my Drupal roles to work with aMember (it also blocks the person from the site completely rather than dropping the role... Alex modified this for me, but I do not know if that's become a standard part of the Drupal plugin or if this was just for my case) and ended up splitting my site in two to simplify things. I'd recommend something similar in your case... simplify as best you can and don't try to deal with multiple roles that do/don't have access. Best thing you can do is have just three: anonymous, registered, and registered with payment roles. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches if you can simplify.

Importing isn't a problem if you know your way around PHPMyAdmin :)
  7. ztnews

ztnews New Member

Drupal 4.7?

stephthegeek,

I too am about to undertake amember+drupal. Couple questions:

Which drupal version are you using?

Did you look at CiviCRM or ecommerce modules for drupal? Last I looked into those they weren't quite up to membership management IMHO. Getting there, but not yet.

Thanks
    - Cronin

8. rodney11

rodney11 New Member

Most problems can be solved in Drupal in different ways. For example: image galleries in Drupal (dutch post). Make sure you do the right research before you start building! While many challenges can be taken care of using the right mix of modules - there are situations when writing your own Drupal module is necessary.Drupal has a few tools for managing projects. drush and update_status are capable of updating a project. This is done by downloading tarballs. There is no better management available at the moment. After a project is installed onto the filesystem module management comes into play.

jonathanreed New Member

While making online payments one thing that is necessary is data security. The SSL certification provides you the security of your encrypted data that you enters while doing online payments or we can say while dealing with ecommerce. So there is no risk to making payments online.

http://www.sslstar.com/Default.aspx