Dropship Plugin - your thoughts wanted

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by olliejames, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

Hello,

Anything is possible but it seems to work for me.

I would use PhpMyAdmin and look at the amember_product_links table and see if your links are still in this table and they are referencing the right product id.

I am also runnning 3.1.4 if you have upgraded to 3.1.6 you need to make sure to merge any customizations you have made back into new code base.

Jimmy
  2. celina

celina Member

thanks, skippy, i emailed ya.
    I did look at the tables in phpMyAdmin but can't really tell from that gobbledygook what is going on. I can say, however, that products that I set up previously, with incremental products, are working fine. I can't add additional incremental products, however, and I can't create new products and add incremental products to them. There's some error in how this product info page is coming up...
  3. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

Hello,

I assume you have tried disabling the drop-ship plugin, logged out, cleared your browser cache and restarted amember admin?

Are you still running 3.1.4 or did you upgrade to 3.1.6?

Anyway drop-ship plugin just adds some data fields to product table. I don't believe the incremental content plugin stores anything in there but uses separate tables. I'm not quite sure how its invoked though to display its fields. It has its own product.html which is invoked by somebody.

I researched further amember/admin/templates/product.html will include the incremental-content product.html. Weird everything seems to work for me with both incremental-content plugin and drop-ship plugin enabled. Like I said the actual incremental-content links are pulled from the amember_products_links table. If your protection works I would assume the links are still in place in the table. So I would assume something in the rendering of product page is screwing up.

So I would disable drop-ship plugin. That's what Alex would tell you to do.

Jimmy
  4. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

celina, (responded via email about this and the cdf integration)

even with the drop ship disabled I was having the issue on one of my sites. Ended up disabling the incremental, editing and resaving the product, renenabling incremental, editing and resaving product and the problem went away.. perhaps corruption in the db somehow?

I noticed my issue started after 3.16 was applied to the site, although may be a coincidence.
  5. celina

celina Member

update: I disabled the dropship plugin and that didn't help. The problem does seem to be with how the product.html page is being written. I'm wary of incremental products then needing to recreate all as my site went live today and i'm concerned about what will happen to orders/current customers while i'm working on it. I'm not sure I can solve this one. Is anyone out there available for a quickie job to fix this? pm me.
  6. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

Hello,

Sorry its still not working for you. In your thumbnail picture it looks to me like the incremental links are just not being loaded from database.

If I had to guess, instead of the problem being in dropship plugin, is that something is failing in load_links() function in ajax_pl.php of the incremental content plugin. This is the function that renders the links onto the screen.
  7. celina

celina Member

Okay, new question: the plug in is working fine (just need to fix the display, will do that), but now I would like to understand how to add custom member fields to the product administrator email. could you possibly share that info with me?
  8. skippybosco

The links are displayed in a div (for the Ajax stuff to function).. One thing I would do is try clearing your template cache (amember\templates_c) folder and seeing if that corrects the issue.
  9. celina

celina Member

PLEASE I just need to hire someone to help make this work. I'm truly stumped. Anyone out there avail? Also need to be able to send the custom product fields along to the dropshipper. Jim's plug-in is truly awesome, but I'm desperate to wrap this up. please email me at debbie@bust.com.

thanks.

xxoo deb
  10. skippybosco

Deb,

Just sent you an email, but following up in this thread for documentation should anyone else see the issue.

The issue you were seeing appears to be unrelated to the dropship plugin, but rather how you access your admin control panel based on your aMember and server configuration. Accessing your admin control panel via https:// appears to resolve your issue with seeing your incremental plugin details.

I found that when accessing the control panel via http:// on your server, the debugger was showing the DIV being defined at https:// (hence it was not being shown).

The good news is that this should get you going. The bad news is that I am unable to reproduce the behavior in my environment which suggests that it is a result of an aMember or server configuration unique to your environment. Not sure if you have any redirect magic happening as a part of another script, .htaccess, etc. switching things between http and https but should you run into similar issues in the future, that would be the first place I would check.
  11. celina

celina Member

you're my hero! thank you so much! It's a very strange problem, I doubt I ever would have been able to track that down. Wow. I'm very grateful.
  12. skippybosco

np. glad the mystery is solved.
  13. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Yes, the plugin I've created is for the Disk.com fullfillment house and is not generic either. It is using their API rather than sending an email and it is completely automated to their specifications and standards. They are a great company. If you are interested in my plugin you can contact me at http://www.kencinnus.com/contact. I do plan on making it available on my web site soon.
  14. russell_stutely

russell_stutely aMember Pro Customer

Hi

Just a quick note to say.. MANY THANKS for this plugin... it will save so much time

Much appreciated.

Just one problem discovered.

If i have a product that does not require a dropshipper... the member email and the sign up email to admin do not come through.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Kind Regards

Russell
  15. andyb

andyb Member

Excellent plugin Jimmy!

I don't need a dropship plugin but I did learn an awful lot from your code, thanks for sharing this.

I have already added some extras for my own custom integration plugin using your plugin as an example.
    thanks!

Andy