Domain Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zygosis, Mar 23, 2012.

1. zygosis

zygosis New Member

Hello,

OK, I am a web developer, installing several Word Press sites run with AMember. Currently, we have a set up like this:

www.ourdomain.com/sitea/
    www.ourdomain.com/siteb/

Which of course, the documentation as well as support says the one license will work for both. However, for SEO purposes, we have two additional separate domains, i.e.,

www.sitea.com
    www.siteb.com

pointing to each of the above named sites, even though they are physically located on the same domain. This has caused many problems, such as the protected pages throwing up errors, re-directs not working, etc, etc. All of your support system has said, oh yeah no problem, should work fine, then it didn't. Then another support email said, that we could handle the protection from within the Word Press site, on as many Word Press sites in this situation as we wanted, so long as we used the plug in to do it, which isn't really theoretically possible, the plug in is connected to the same license which is constantly trying to revert back to the top level domain, but no - nothing is working. I have currently attempted to set up a "landing page" on the actual main domain, in above example,

www.ourdomain.com

to handle the automatic re-direct to the top level domain, regardless of my setting a differet url for the re-direct within the control panel, but now the protection is not working properly, as when on www.sitea.com, and clicking a protected page, it sends you to www.ourdomain.com/sitea/protectedpage, and throws up an error. We are not getting any help here, my clients paid good money, in good faith, for this product. My suggestion, is we are either given two licenses to handle this problem, or a technical staff member instruct me on how to correct this problem, because every time I get one issue worked out, another comes up. I can find no documentation on this, except in the case of sub-domains, and technically, these are not, these are domains pointed to the main licensed domains. I would really appreciate an answer from a staff member to help me square this away. Thank you.

Nicole - Web Developer
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Nicole,
    You have to purchase second license in this situatio, or do not use separate domains.
    As I've understood you attempt to use sinle aMember license for two separate sites and this is prohibited by license agreement:
    http://www.amember.com/p/main/License/
    Plus, such setup just will not work, because in order to have single login between wordpress and aMember(and if fact to use amember protection inside wordpress), both scripts should use the same domain name.
    You can link many wordpress installations the the same amember installation, but again, all linked scripts should use the same domain name as well.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Btw, contact me in helpdesk I will provide discount for additional license.