Does AMember Support Protection for Video Files and Folders?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by vpbay, Sep 18, 2016.

1. vpbay

vpbay New Member

I need to know does amember pro support protection for video files url for public displaying (I dont want to display the video urls both to members and public) ?. Also is there a way to only serve videos for streaming and not expose direct links to members and public?

Currently using s2member and trying to know everything which are required for me on amember. Because this plugin supports much more payment gateways than s2member. I want to move into it.
  2. benfitts

benfitts Member

Yes.

aMember uses .htaccess

You can setup folders for example where your video files are. Then setup permissions for certain product owners to be able to view them.

As far as public files you would use .htaccess to "protect hotlinking". That would prevent someone on another site from being able to link to your files.

As far as streaming files vs allowing the user to download.

aMember supports "FlowPlayer" which offers a secure streaming plugin.

I don't even know if you'll need that with aMember's built in protection to protect files and folders. However, You can also prevent people from hotlinking using .htaccess. No other software like aMember or s2member required. As long as the server is Apache and supports .htaccess and mod_rewrite.