documentation for the new gift vouchers plugin?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by cbuechler, Aug 15, 2013.

1. netgate

netgate New Member

2. netgate

netgate New Member

I apologize, I received an error when creating the thread and it double posted.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

1) Upload the plugin to amember/applications/default/plugins/misc (may not be needed in newer versions, if its been pre-installed)
    2) Enable in amember / setup /plugins / other integration.
    3) Create new forms for the Buyer (Grantor) and Giftee (Donee). Add the grantor/donor blocks in the forms.
    4) Go into the voucher plugin settings and set the Donee form.
    5) Test

I have a detailed how-to video on my site (premium membership required)

David
  4. netgate

netgate New Member

Thanks David! I just decided to downloaded the plug-in and give it a go.
  5. hpca

hpca New Member

I'm trying to understand the Gift Vouchers plugin and see if it will work for our use case.

We have the sub-users module, which might work under a different business / pricing model. i.e. charge our members $X for Y client users. If we had to use sub-users, we can give them say 10-20 client seats to use at one time, and only charge/invoice our members for Active seats, say on a given day of the month, but I think the recordkeeping on this gets tricky and if everyone knows the day they can inactivate all the seats just before, get invoiced for small or zero and reactivate/recreate. Also, I don't want client users tied to the payment/membership status of their advisor, because their clients can be serviced by other members in our system.

Our use case is that our members will create user accounts for clients on our aMember site and pay us for their clients' access - recurring monthly automatic payments to access protected content; client fees are built into / passed on (possibly marked up) via the invoice amounts that our members' clients pay to our members, not to us.

So . . . . .
    For the GiftsVoucher plugin, how does one buy access for others in a way that the Giftee / Recipient does not see any details in their payment history, nor receive invoice/receipts? i.e. Purchaser / Donor / Grantor Giver gets the invoice / receipt.

Does gifts voucher plugin handle fixed period access AND recurring payments . . .
    (a) using the funding source of the donor
    (b) no invoice/receipts sent to the user who was given access. (ideally, no way to learn how much the advisor, our member, paid on their behalf - depending on the level of service that our members offer, there is the possibility of marking up the service)

Thanks,
    Gary