Disabling Cart Plugin Destroyed aMember?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stevenjones, Nov 8, 2012.

1. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Hello!

I was configuring the amember cart form and decided to disable the cart plugin as I don't need it for my membership site.

I disabled it via the Setup Global and now the whole script collapsed?

I got the following message...

Script Error
    An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details

Would love to see this fixed ASAP as I do have some existing members, making use of the software.

Steven

P.S. Also opened a ticket...

P.P.S. Concerns are high as my launch is coming up and I need everything to run properly..
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Strange, I guess it was something not related with cart module disabling. No records in logs. Perhaps a database problem on host or something similar.
  3. dmalone

dmalone New Member

I too have this problem, has there been any suggested solutions? I've deleted and recreated all Products but still no change, cant get new members signed up and no new members can signup..
    Its a new installation and not live yet so I could do a full reinstall, any links to reinstall instructions?

Logged a ticket too.

Thanks
    Steven
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Close all browser windows and then restart browser, error will gone away.
    aMember store some objects related to shopping cart in php session, so when you disable cart module, aMember is unable to find classes for these object so it throws an exception. This must be fixed in core through
  5. tiginc

tiginc New Member

It would help a lot if some of the solutions were actually posted in the forum. Just a thought.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@tiginc alexander already posted solution - close your browser and open again. There was issue with object in session but it was fixed long time ago. You should not face this issue in latest version at all.