Different Menu for Members and Guests

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by cdevault00, Jan 25, 2017.

1. cdevault00

cdevault00 New Member

Hi,

First of all, great software. I'm genuinely impressed with aMember thus far. My current challenge is trying to create a different menu for members and guests. I am running aMember 5.1.8.

1. I've set, in both pages and categories, using the settings 'Menu Item Protection for Post / Page Link' on each to allow 'Action for Guest' and 'Action for User' to 'Exclude post/page from search results'. This successfully prevents guests from seeing the excluded pages.

2. The issue occurs in that logged in members, registered through my amember installation see pages that should only be viewable for guests and do not see the member specific pages/categories. I've tried 2 methods of accomplishing this.
    a) I installed Larry Lewis' plugin, activated another theme to subvert the meta in the menu admin, and reactivated my theme. No luck.
    b) I followed the instructions in the following thread published on this forum: http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/different-menu-for-members-and-guests.18928/#post-70401. No luck.

I'm open to any solution, the simple goal is to have a different menu for members/guests.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Let me know if I need to do anything here, my WP plugin seems to be working fine on JLogica
  4. cdevault00

cdevault00 New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've reinstalled Larry's plugin (version 1.0.3), activated one of the generic wordpress themes, edited the menu using the available options (logged in, logged out, etc.), checked the boxes for the appropriate products, ensured my test user was subscribed to those products, re-activated my theme, logged out and deleted all cookies, logged in with my test user and still see the pages and custom links for logged out users. I reached out to the helpdesk, hopefully they'll be able to pinpoint it fairly easily.