Different CMS Systems on multiple domains

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by nealtz, Jan 8, 2011.

1. nealtz

nealtz New Member

Hello,

I have some questions about using aMember with various CMS Systems on multiple domains. If there is a setup like this:

mysite.com (Drupal powered)
    myforum.com (vBulletin powered)
    myblog.com (WordPress powered)

plus Mailing List on MailChimp.

1. Multidomain and Multisystem Integration

Now I want to use aMember to integrate the users across those sites (and systems) and the mailing list. Is this possible? And how many aMember licence have I to purchase for this setup?

I searched the forum and found some informations about the "mysterious" remote plugin. As I understand this plugin can protect folders on a remote server, but what about the user databases on the different systems/domains? I can't find any information about the pricing of the remote plugin and if you had to purchase it per domain or only one time for unlimited domains!?

2. Drupal Multisite

With Drupal you can use one installation to power multiple sites under different domains with one system. Has anybody experience with aMember and this setup?

Hope someone has any information about this!

With regards

Nils
  2. javier_quiroz

javier_quiroz New Member

Hi
    Do you find the answer to this questions? maybe on support? do you finally implemented this structure of sites with amember? if yes, could you gime some lights of how ?

Thank you in advanced

Carlos
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You can integrate scripts which are installed on another domains if all these domains are on the server, but single login will not work in this case. So user have to login into each script separately. Better to use the same domain for all scripts:
    mysite.com
    forum.mysite.com
    blog.mysite.com
    grayinternet likes this.