Delay Start Date

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by chris_nerat, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Is it possible to delay the start date of a new user? For example, I offer a 90 day course, and when a person joins they begin receiving a video of the day every day for 90 days. Is it possible for a person to pre-register but have their start date begin at some point in the future? i.e. register and pay in November but start in January.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can use option 'Start Date Calculation' in product settings and set it to exact date in future.
    Please note this option works only for not-recurring subscriptions.
  3. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Thank you for the reply – that is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to run an “early bird” special – pay now at reduced price and start January 1st.

Just to clarify, when a customer chooses this option they will pay in full now but they’re subscription won’t begin until the date I have set i.e. January 1st, 2016.

Is there a way then too, that I can give them access to the member area of my site but not start the drip feed content until January 1st?
  4. caesar

User will pay in full in payment/registration time but access period will start from defined date. User will get access to his member area immidiately (but not to protected content) and will see that his subscription in future status.

I recommend you to set up such product and try to sign up as user to see how it works from user view.

Best Regards.
  5. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

very good -- thank again!
  6. caesar

You are welcome!
  7. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Hello Caesar,

I just had my first person sign up for the "delay start" program. However, aMember shows that this user's payment is set to "Future" -- does that mean the payment won't go through until their actual start date of January 1st? It was supposed to be a "Pay today / Start later" program.

Thanks
  8. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Ooops! Disregard last message -- I just discovered that the payment did go through and the "future" was referring to their start date, not the payment date:)
  9. caesar

I glad to hear everything is Ok now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.