customization and oscommerce integration

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by mysticpoet, Mar 12, 2004.

1. mysticpoet

mysticpoet New Member

I'm looking for an experienced coder well-versed in aMember Pro for customization, to troubleshoot periodic problems, and to integrate it with osCommerce.

Please contact john@ejustice.net. Thanks.
  2. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

oscommerce

Try the msg boards at forums.oscommerce.com -- there are folks there who know the code inside and out. In the meantime I am rolling a simple integration of my own out in the next few weeks. I've bugged Alex here for a long time about integration w/o luck. Its probably wiser to bug oscommerce.
    Tom
  3. mysticpoet

mysticpoet New Member

osc integration

Thanks, Tom. I will.

I saw a couple notes on aM there, but not enough to start a movement. I guess what has to happen is some brave soul has to pay for the development, and then allow it to be posted as a contrib.

john
  4. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

I paid to have a custom membership program integrated into oscommerce. it uses the oscommerce system for selling downloads. It cost over $1000 and doesn't do as much as amember.

My new version, with amember, will offer paid subscriptions from oscommerce. It also uses the downloads system of oscommerce. I'll share a .zip of my store files if you want when the time is ready. What my integration won't do is incorporate the oscommerce customer database with the amember database. So if people will have an id/password for each of the two systems. This has plus and minus aspects. I'm going to sell this as "customer information security."
    Tom
  5. mysticpoet

mysticpoet New Member

That would be great. I was trying to figure out how to use the two together to provide members (of aMember) with product discounts without having to manually mark each membership record in osc. Osc's group discount contrib allows it, but until the membership bases can be linked, I don't see any way to automate the process.

BTW, I'm looking for someone to handle some customization and troubleshooting in aMember. Alex has quit the custom work. Know anyone who's familiar with both programs that might be interested?

john
  6. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

I know someone who does custom php/msql work. He is the guy who built my membership system and integrated it with oscommerce--so he is familiar with oscommerce. He does a lot of custom work and is well-regarded. He isn't cheap though. If interested in contacting him email me at tom@crimescene.com
    Tom