Customising the side menu

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by halmaclean, Apr 5, 2017.

1. halmaclean

halmaclean Member

I have several admin users who are not super users, and I do not want them to gain access to the total site configuration as it is very easy to break things.

However, I definitely want them to edit the email templates for all kinds of things such as sign up, payment receipt, etc, and also for the help desk. Both these two items are in the main system configuration permissions for admin users.

I can easily hide elements in the side menu depending on user level (we currently hide the link to documentation for all but super users, for example), but how can I add an item in the Configuration section to allow email templates to be edited?

It would be useful to do the same for the help desk section - ability to edit the emails if we grant control of the help desk to the non-superadmin user.

Ideally, in the Configuration menu I want to link to the /admin-set-up/email page, and in the helpdesk menu I want to link to /admin-setup/helpdesk page.

And yes - I'd like this split out from the admin user set up page where a single checkbox grants permission to all the main config... I'd like to have a check box to control email templates and helpdesk templates :) That may take a bit longer to achieve, of course... the side menu for now will suffice!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I am afraid aMember has not so granular permissions for admin accounts. I believe you need to setup email tamplates only once. So you can get this template and set it within configuration with your super admin account.

Feel free to submit feature request to our bugtracker:
    http://bt.amember.com

Best Regards.