Customise the Thank you page - Urgent

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by affiliateplayboy, Apr 21, 2016.

1. affiliateplayboy

affiliateplayboy New Member

Hi There

I have submitted a product for approval with clickbank and they have said that my support email address and an additional disclaimer needs to be on the thank you page, but I can't seem to edit the thanks.html page in the templates folder, it just seems to refer to footer.html which also can't b edited.

How can I edit it in the newest version of your software please. Thanks for your help.

Daniel
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Dear Daniel,

You can edit it in the following file
    amember/application/default/views/thanks.phtml

I am happy to help you to add necessary details on thank you page. Feel free to contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support).

Best Regards.
  3. affiliateplayboy

Hi

Ok, thanks for referring me to help desk, last time I tried help desk they didn't read my question what so ever and just reinstalled amember over my install, deleting all the work I had already done.

But I will try again and hopefully we can get something done this time, because it took 4 days to delete everying I had done last time.

Btw, the install I got from helpdesk was installed wrong according to the tech guy I hired, and it cost me more money and time to fix it, so last time I contacted help desk they didn't listen to word and it put me back a week (7 working days to lucky people who only work weekdays) and about $100.

Regards

Daniel
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. affiliateplayboy

Since I already had a fully operational site with an old amember installed, I actually thought it would be easy to update to amember 4, that I would just be able to get in contact and everything would be transferred over for me in just 24 hours, like it implied on your site. But unfortunately it has taken weeks and 10's of hours of technical stuff and its still not working properly for me. I've missed my website lauch, twice. I really don't see how it can be so hard to just to update from amember 1 to amember 4.

There doesn't seem to be anything in your doc's about updating your software, if there is please let me know, also please let me know if there's anything in your support docs on updating the thanks.html page in your latest software as I am very reluctant to give helpdesk access to my ftp after last time.

Regards

Daniel
  5. caesar

You need to edit file mentioned above (do not use WYSIWYG editor to do it, it can crush template file)
    and at the bottom of this file add your contact details eg.:
    Code:
    <div>
    Tel: (5555) 5555-555-55. E-Mail: <a href="mailto:post@example.com">post@example.com</a>
    </div>
  6. affiliateplayboy

Thanks, I did make a back up of the page and try to edit it directly using 'code edit' in file manager in my control panel but it didn't seem to work. I will put a support ticket in to get in changed. My feedback is it would be good to be able to change templates easily in the amember control panel.
  7. caesar

I am afraid I do not see any ticket from you yet. Do you mind to let me know ticket id? I will handle it personally.

Thank you for your suggestion!