Custom plugins

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by jsi, Sep 29, 2004.

1. jsi

jsi Guest

Has anyone ever had Alex write a custom plugin for them? Please let me know what your experience was and if it ever got completed.

Thanks!
    JSI
  2. moonie

moonie New Member

Alex has completed 2 custom plugins for me and both have been successful. He has only just completed the last one for me. They were both very good value. They did take a while but I do recognise that he is very busy.
  3. jsi

jsi Guest

good to hear

Yes, I understand he is busy and it might take a while. The thing that is getting frustrating to me is he keeps telling me things like, I will send you the files tonight, or I am testing it now and will install today, or plugin will be installed by Sunday morning and that is the final date, or this time you will not wait longer than today. I would much rather hear that it will be a month or it will be 2 months and have it completed within that time line than to be constently led to believe that it will be done today or tommorrow, only to be let down again and again.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

jsi,
    I guess you are working with Alexander. I'm sorry for this behaviour and I promise you will be contacted tomorrow with exact release date.
  5. jsi

jsi Guest

Wow

I was thinking that maybe it was someone else other than the real Alex that was responding to my tickets because of the unprofessionalism. But all the tickets were signed Alex so I just assumed it was you. Well that is good to hear. Like I said it is not so much the lenth of time (although now that it is going on 2 months and I am getting a bit anxious), it was just that I was being told, today, tomorrow, Sunday, etc. and each time I would go to check there was nothing except for another empty promise.

Thanks for your reply!
    JSI
  6. jsi

jsi Guest

Alexander not Alex

I see now that the tickets were in fact signed Alexander not Alex. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems he was intentionally just playing games with me. To Alexanders credit, he has helped me out in the past with other issues. Alex, you might want to take a look at the correspondense starting at #20 here is the ticket ref# 3108-QOAZ-6092.

Thanks!
    JSI
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I reviewed the ticket and we both promised that problem will be resolved today. I will check it this evening.
  8. jsi

jsi Guest

Thanks!

Alex follows through. I got the plugin today!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JSI
  9. jsi

jsi Guest

Plugin up

I downloaded the plugin to my site, had a few problems, put in a trouble ticket, and Alexander had it up and running in no time.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Cheers,
    JSI
  10. moonie

moonie New Member

I just wanted to add a final comment to this, Alexander has just completed a plugin for me, as usual cgi-central went the extra mile in providing response and support and it was great value.