Custom paypal cancel link?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by thared33, Oct 5, 2013.

1. thared33

thared33 Member

I just clicked the 'Cancel' button after creating a recurring subscription with paypal. It asks to confirm, so then I click the final Cancel button, then it leads me to a Paypal page saying "Error. The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid".

Is there some way possible to make aMember display a custom Cancel link there for Paypal subscriptions? That way I could create a separate page on my site or a popup or something that will tell people how to unsubscribe via paypal.
    southhighlandsna likes this.
  2. blue_vision

blue_vision Member

Our v3 was doing this as well for a while now. Just finalizing the switch to v4 tonight and hoping this error is gone.
  3. blue_vision

blue_vision Member

No such luck. I'll ask support about this tonight but v4 still shows:

"The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in 'My preapproved payments'."

when I try to cancel my test user I just signed up.
  4. blue_vision

blue_vision Member

I don't know about the 2nd part of this question but the 2nd part turned out I didn't have the "Your Merchant ID" field filled in properly on the PayPal plugin settings. This field should not be your email address either (mine wasn't I don't think but sometimes people think their PayPal id is just the email).

Turned out i was getting that error in both versions. Not sure how the field got cleared as I swear it worked before just fine but whatever... it's fixed now.