Custom JavaScript form validation (?)

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by andrebell, May 3, 2013.

1. andrebell

andrebell Member

Wondering if anyone knows of a custom JavaScript form validation code to prevent entering same info for firstname lastname fields? I 'Googled' for a Javascript snippet to do just this but came up empty.

Lots of code to validate other stuff but not this :confused:

Reason: I get daily spambots submitting fake info so they can in turn attempt to spam my webform's reply email address. Daily I add the ip addresses to ban list. But within a week they use a different ip address. The bots bypass captcha.

One consistent trait of the spambots is entering same random characters for firstname last name. Been seeing this pattern daily for more than two years. If a JavaScript code prevents submission when the fn ln match, that would seriously cut down on these random spambots.

Yeah, I use a a fake '_noreply' email addresses for my automated webform responses. But when spammers' attempts to reach the fake email addresses fail, those clever mofo spammers go to such extremes as to post follow up inquiries to my contact forms, pretending to be valid consulting prospects. Soon as I reply to seemingly real inquiries, my reply address gets added to spam lists too.

I really hate these jerks :mad:

Thanks in advance if you know of a basic Javascript to do just this or other code that prevents or halts form submission when fn ln are identical.

Andre
  2. rick_wil

rick_wil New Member

DId you ever find anything Andre? We have the same issue.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

4. andrebell

andrebell Member

Thanks. I'll use that.
    I had been blocking ip ranges. Decreased the level of activity but was a daily hassle. This should help.