Custom Fields - Upload from admin

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by airsoftworld, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airsoftworld

airsoftworld New Member

Hi guys,

Great product. Was just having a look through but can't seem to find the answer to this in regards to custom upload fields.

The upload fields on Member Profiles in the admin are blank, with no option to upload a file, but on the frontend the customer has the option to upload a file during sign up or edit profile.

Is it possible to have the custom field file upload in the admin for a customer account during manual creation?

Really like amember, really simple to use.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I am afraid it is not possible to upload files to user profile from admin interface. You can only see files that user already uploaded in readonly mode. You can login as user and upload file from his account on his behalf.

Best Regards
  3. airsoftworld

airsoftworld New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

Can I follow it up with, any reason for this function being disabled in the admin? I'd like to attach files to customer accounts that they can upload during sign up, but not edit and then the same for the admin.

Is there a solution without using notes?
  4. caesar

I have one idea how to accomplish your needs. It require small customization and I am willing to help you with it. Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk and refer to this ticket?
    https://www.amember.com/support

I will apply necessary changes to your installation.

Best Regards.
  5. caesar

I believe you are right actually. There is not any reason to restrict uploads to these fields from admin UI.
    We will add such ability to upcoming release. Thank you for pointing us to this issue!

Feel free to contact us in helpdesk. I will apply patch to your setup directly so you do not need to wait until next release.

Best Regards.
  6. airsoftworld

airsoftworld New Member

Thanks Caesar, I'll open a support ticket now.

Many thanks
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.