Currency Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by searchmaster, Apr 29, 2017.

  1. searchmaster

    searchmaster aMember Pro Customer

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2016
    Messages:
    15
    After running the latest 5.2.4 update on my site, I began receiving errors that payment processing company did not support the currency I was passing on to it. I am in the USA, and I've always had USD as my ONLY and default currency. After seeing this error, I went and checked, and the default base currency in SETUP/CONFIGURATION has nothing listed, and no way to specify ANY currency at all. Beyond that, I went into Manage Products and discovered that ALL the products in my database had now been set to "AED" as the default instead of "USD".

    After changing ALL my products over to use USD as the default currency, for ALL the billing plans, I was able to get everything working again, but I thought I should make everyone aware of this. I believe it is all because I had no BASE currency set anymore, and NO WAY to set one (there were drop down lists to select, no text boxes, etc.) but I can't be sure. What is interesting is that AFTER I set all my products to use USD in their profiles, the Base Currency now reads USD as it should. Just a heads up!
    caesar likes this.
  2. sifucicero

    sifucicero aMember Pro Customer

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Messages:
    24
    You are awesome to take the time to write this error and solution. My developer while on another project helped me to fix this with your help... My business is now accepting payments! You should be on the aMember solutions team. Sincerely, Cindy
  3. searchmaster

    searchmaster aMember Pro Customer

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2016
    Messages:
    15
    Thanks so much for the amazing compliment, I'm so happy this helped someone! I'm definitley not part of the solutions team, I've just been using this software for 8 or 10 years and am extremely familiar with it - so I should only be so lucky to be part of their team! Cheers!

Share This Page