CRON plus ExpressionEngine member group

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bronwen, Mar 8, 2013.

1. bronwen

bronwen New Member

I am using aMember integrated with ExpressionEngine. Everything working fine but faced an issue while the membership of a member finishes. Its being checked periodically with CRON job and membership updated correctly for aMember system.

Same members are also created at ExpressionEngine end to access the website contents based on membership. But if the membership has been expired/finished that member's member group (in ExpressionEngine) updating wrong with "pending" while it should be updated with "Members" group.

I couldn't find how the CRON job is processing and where I can change member group id so that it can be updated correctly in ExpressionEngine.

ExpressionEngine version: 1.6.7
    aMember version: 3.1.4

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Plugin should set group which you have in aMember CP -> Setup -> ExpressionEngine -> Default Group.
    Does this not happen?
  3. bronwen

bronwen New Member

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Yes, there is a plugin which is having a method named subscription_deleted and i updated the appropriate ExpressionEngine's member group id. But didn't seem working.

There is another method subscription_updated also. But I 'm not sure if it's being called with CRON. Could you please let me know your kind thought on it.

Although, I 'll look more into it.

Thanks,
  4. alexander

Please contact us in helpdesk with this issue. I will check what could be wrong.
  5. bronwen

bronwen New Member

Hi Alexander,

Still, I couldn't find the place where I can make change for updating the ExpressionEngine's member group when membership finishes.

Could you please let me know how can I contact to you in helpdesk. I am new here and couldn't find an area for helpdesk.

Thanks,
  6. alexander