Credit Cards and PCI DSS v3.2

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by jenolan, Feb 7, 2017.

1. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I have had a few people approaching me to write payment processors for old versions of aMember to swap from PayPal because they will be requiring tls v1.2 shortly. Generally I do not touch the payment processor plugins anyway as they are a dark art and Alex seems to be the only one who can tame the monster.

But if you are running an old aMember/Server and can't do tls v1.2 there is no point switching to another bank/merchant processor as they all will be requiring the same change ... it is a requirement and you can't avoid it.

If you are running WHM/CPanel you could try http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/ to have your server tls upgraded ... I don't know if this is enough or will work but I can't help you with plugin development as all reputable processors will be enforcing tls v1.2
  2. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

I upgraded just over a year ago. To achieve tls 1.2 i had to upgrade the entire OS the server was running on. chances are anyone still not running tls 1.2 now will have to do the same. i essentially had to have a new server set up and then migrate everything over to it as i do not think you can upgrade OS versions that easily on an already running server since it is such a big update (and you probably dont want downtime). headaches yes, for a few hours, but if your host is competent they should be able to do this easily while working with you. if you use Cpanel and WHM, you may be able to do it yourself by using cpanels migration tools and having both servers talk to each other.
  3. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

If your site is WHM/CPanel based a solution is to acquire a new server, use the move utility to migrate. One thing that you may need to do is clear up errors/warnings due to using a later version of PHP.