Credit Card Migration

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by thefinancialpuzzle, Sep 14, 2010.

1. thefinancialpuzzle

thefinancialpuzzle New Member

Hi guys -- I need to migrate our CC's to a new E-Com solution. How do I decrypt the information so it can be read and transferred?
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

What are you using your current aMember payment type?
  3. thefinancialpuzzle

Hi Skippy -- I'm not sure I understand the question. Perhaps this will offer the answer... currently our E-com flow goes from aMember directly to Authorize.net. The commerce aspects of our business model have outgrown aMember, so we are wanting to migrate all of our customers over to Infusionsoft.

Thanks so much for the help. If it's beneficial I can PM you my phone number so we can talk through the solution a little more in-depth.
  4. thefinancialpuzzle

Researching your question a bit more -- perhaps you're asking what payment system we're using? Setup has it listed as Authorize AIM. Thanks again.
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

If you are using Authorize AIM, then most likely you have no credit cards stored in aMember at all, but rather all of that happens on the Authorize side. At most you probably have the last 4 digits of the card from the payment log (this is in plain text)

What led you to believe you had encrypted credit cards in the database? Do you have a table that you saw them in?
  6. thefinancialpuzzle

Ah, this is starting to make more sense. I may have started with an inaccurate assumption. Seeing the xxx xxx 1234 in the member data export led me to think they were stored in aMember, but it sounds like this is just a pass-through from Auth.net for the payment log.

I'll take up the conversation with Auth.net.

Thanks!
  7. duncan_m1

duncan_m1 Challenge Media Group LLC

So does this mean that Authorize.net AIM module is not storing an encrypted credit card in the DB? I see in the 'data' field that only the last four are being stored, but I also see in the payer_id a value that is "cc:andthenaencryptedvalue".

I am looking to move my amember installations to a new server/infrastructure, and i want to make sure it will not disrupt the rebilling activities.
  8. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

AIM plugin (v3) stores credit card information in aMember database.
    If you move aMember MySQL database with all related files, there is no risk to data loss.

For better security, we recommend to use CIM plugin (available for both v3 and v4) - it stores credit card information in Authorize.Net database, and removes all risks related to credit card storage, while you keep all the freedom in charging customer credit cards.