Creating new users in Amember by 1ShoppingCart

Discussion in 'Integration' started by menspsy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. menspsy

menspsy New Member

I am trying the new function in AM 3.2.3 - creating users by 1SC with product purchase.

I've created a product both in 1SC & AM (non-recurring), entered the API key into AM, setup the same passwords in 1SC & AM, and set correct Amember's postback URL in 1SC - http://www.xxxx.com/amember/plugins/payment/1shoppingcart/ipn.php

(btw. the Help file for 1SC plugins says in #6 to set Notification URL for API to "..../plugins/payment/1shoppingcart/api.php", that is not correct. There is no file like that. It should be "ipn.php" )

Now the problem begins. After I successfully check out, there is no new user created and Amember's debug log has 2 lines with this:

- 1shoppingcart ERROR: Validation error: verifysign incorrect. Make sure you set the same password in both 1ShoppingCart and aMember Pro CP

- DEBUG: Validation error: verifysign incorrect. Make sure you set the same password in both 1ShoppingCart and aMember Pro CP
    [md5(xxxx)] != [] <Br>

(xxxx is the password set both in 1SC and AM. I tried a different password many times)

It looks like a problem with the password, but on what side?

- Is it that Amember doesn't encrypt the password correctly (the md5() function) and therefore it doesn't match the password that 1SC sends?

- Or is it that 1SC sends incorrect password that doesn't match what Amember has saved?

Does anyone else have experienced that?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

If there is no file like 1shoppingcart/api.php then you have old plugin.
    Contact us in helpdesk and get new one.
    API notification url should be set to api.php
  3. menspsy

menspsy New Member

I've opened a ticket for this.

Just out of curiosity, why isn't this latest1SC plugin included within the latest 3.2.3PRO release?
  4. menspsy

menspsy New Member

UPDATE:
    Support sent me an updated plugin, however there is no api.php . The new readme.txt has #6 say the file is ipn.php, just as I suggested in my first post.

Even with this new plugin I still get the error in debug as above:

- 1shoppingcart ERROR: Validation error: verifysign incorrect. Make sure you set the same password in both 1ShoppingCart and aMember Pro CP
    - DEBUG: Validation error: verifysign incorrect. Make sure you set the same password in both 1ShoppingCart and aMember Pro CP [md5(xxxx)] != [] <Br>

Any suggestions?
  5. alexander

Well, for some reason api.php was not added to release.
    I sent correct plugin in helpdesk.
    1SC in front of aMember will work only if API notifications will be sent to api.php
    API notifications have different format then regular IPN messages, so you will get errors when API notifications will be sent to ipn.php
  6. jenrun

jenrun New Member

With 4.x, do we need to send API Notifications to that URL when using 1SC in front of aMember?

I don't know where to set up the API Notification URL.

I'm using 4.x and 1SC is not sending notification to aMember.
  7. alexander

8. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Okay, Alex. Problem is solved: I spoke to 1ShoppingCart this morning.

In order for us to have access to My Account > API Settings (as you know, this is where we set up the Notification URL for 1SC to send notification to aMember) we must have the Professional Package at 1SC, which costs $129/mo.

The Professional Package is the only way to get access to API Settings.

The less expensive packages do not give access to API Settings.

So, in order to place 1SC IN FRONT OF AMEMBER, we must have the Professional Package at 1SC.

With the cheaper packages (like Basic and Standard), we must put aMember first during check-out.

Jen

PS This is why I could not find API Settings under My Account in 1SC!
  9. alexander

Jen,
    Thanks for the info ! I'm going to update documentation with that info.
  10. lukekim1

lukekim1 New Member