Creating a new user and assigning to a product

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by ujubo14, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ujubo14

ujubo14 New Member

Hi all,
    I have the problem that I cannot access the wp-admin section of my site after using the Wordpress login portal because I am required to enter an aMember user (not the admin) credentials. I have created a user in the aMember admin section but it is marked as pending.

How do I assign that dummy user account to a product so that I can access my pages without having to buy my own product to access the back end of my Wordpress site?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

you can create a dummy product in amember and assign it to that user.

but if you need admin access, you should reset the admin in wordpress,

David
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Create a user in admin panel, such as 'tester' and give it a password.

Now search for this user and select it from members list. Once in that members details select 'Payments > Invoices/Access' tab.

Bottom of page select what products you want to give your 'Test' account access to and click on 'Add access manually' button.

Job done.

You can add as many test accounts as you want, to give access to some/all products. That way you can check not everybody has access to everything.
  4. ujubo14

ujubo14 New Member

Thank you so much for your kind replies. I have been able to implement the advice and have assigned a product to the test user account.

I still have the problem that I can't actually get into the back end of the Wordpress installation for some reason. I am just redirected to a /members page where I can edit the account details as a normal user would but I don't actually get directed to either the pages that customers are supposed to see or the Wordpress admin area.

Does anyone know why that is?

Thanks again in advance.
  5. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

It sounds like you are actually experiencing an issue that cropped up in the latest release of aMember that is preventing you from logging into your WordPress admin. Is this correct?

Take a look at some recent posts here in the aMember forums. Search for 'wordpress' and that should get you to them.

My work around has been to simply rename the aMember4 folder (via ftp) in my WordPress plugins folder, log in and then change the name of the folder back to amember4. There has been an update to the amember4 plugin, which I tried, but I was still having problems. This was an easy work around for me.