Create Free Lifetime membership - Then Upgrade

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by stillhill, Jul 13, 2009.

1. stillhill

stillhill aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

I have a "product 1" using clickbank recurring. The product is located in
    /members/

also other folders are protected:

/members/guides/
    members/<otherareas>/

I want to be able to have someone sign up free, and they can access
    /members/free-access/

Then can upgrade to access other areas in the member folder. The goal would be "Sign up for limited free access!" and then they get in, get some free info and then want to upgrade to access the premium areas.

Do I need to create another product?

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Peter
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You need to create 2 products
    1) free
    2) paid

After signing up for the free product you direct them to the members page to order the paid product.

But you should really consider forced continuity- like a 7 day free trial followed by $XX a month. (free trials cant be done in clickbank though)

David
  3. stillhill

David,

The problem i'm having is, I can't create a free product with the clickbank plugin enabled. I've seen that problem in many threads i've read...

How can I create a free product?

Many thanks..

Peter
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Try this- in amember setup, assign paysystem to product and assign free to the free product, and clickbank to the clickbank product.
    Place a 1 in the free products clickbank id area in amember.

David
  5. stillhill

I apologize.. i'm totally confused... where is the "amember setup" and where do I assign seperate paysystems to each product? I don't see that anywhere...

Thanks again!

Peter
  6. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

http://yourdomain.com/amember/admin -> setup/configuration -> advanced (tab on top)

check the Assign paysystem to product option
    Then on product by product basis you can configure specific payment providers in the configuration of the product itself.
  7. markosb

markosb New Member

I am having this problem too. Cannot seem to upgrade the lifetime membership to a paid one.
    All the subscription options are there when i try to upgrade but the payment method appears and then disappears. When I click next I get a message

Sorry, it is impossible to use this payment method for this order. Please select another payment method : Cannot use FREE payment plugin with the product which cost more than 0.0

Have I paid for the free subscription with a free payment method? Not sure how to fix this

Im using V4 by the way