Couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Minx, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Minx

Minx Guest

Hi..

Looks great, i'll buy soon, just wondered, how much is an upgrade after a licence expires? - and what with the photopost plugin? i own VB & PP...what does amember & photopost do together? :)

thats it..
    cheers

-M
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Minx,
    you will get LIFETIME license for aMember, no future payments needed to use it till Dec/12/2099 ;)

You also get free 6-months access to download upgrades. After these 6 months, another 6 months of upgrades cost $40.
  3. Minx

Minx Guest

thanx for the reply...

so what can i use photopost for in conjunction with amember?

also, i'd like to sell some stuff i've designed (skins for vb) which amember seems perfect for, also would i be able to use amember to sell tee-shirts, e.g - a punter places an order via amember i can then just send the tee off in the post to them...

please advise, i'm so looking forward to using this app... i dunno whether to buy now or go for that 'timing' thing and see if a new update is around the corner.. ;)

well i need to get my act together first...anyways, money is in hand! - cheers

-M
  4. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

Minx, the one area that amember won't be of much help is t-shirt sales. Amember can't figure shipping rates. You can get around this by including shipping in the total but then you have to figure how to allow quanitities of items and sizes. And of course account for the differnce in shipping rates to various locales.

I have jammed together amember and the shopping cart oscommerce for this purpose. The integration is clumsy but works. I'd sure like to see true integration with a cart system down the road.
    Tom
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, aMember is useless for tangible goods.
  6. Paid

Paid Guest

OsCommerce

tomarriola, I would be curious to see how you have integrated osCommerce with aMember? We are creating a FanClub system. Fan Club membership will begin automatically at the time of purchase and would be renewed annually upon payment.

Is there any easy way to do this with osCommerce or would it be better to just handle the Fan Club purchasing portion of our site with aMember completely?

When all is said in done, we wish to integrate aMember with phpBB, osCommerce and PostNuke.

Thank you.
  7. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

Presently I use oscommerce to show membership as a product along with other products. However, I replaced the product page for membership with my own signup page. When someone clicks the buy button they start the amember purchase system. I handle the replacement of the oscommerce page with my page via a server level .htacces redirect.

.htaccess conmtents below:
    Redirect /store/index.php/cPath/24 http://www.crimescene.com/store/custompage.php

I do it this way because people who buy from me either buy a product or a membership--rarely both, so close integration with the actual cart wasn't needed. This way means customers get a store pasword/id and a membership password/id which can be confusing. I wish the database was tied in--then all would be great!
    Tom