Complex situation

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ibiza, Apr 11, 2004.

1. ibiza

ibiza Guest

My first question is, with a full purchase, is the source code editable?

Secondly, here is what I'm looking to use aMember for:
    I'm looking for a user management system for a directory type site. Basically businesses sign up and can post multiple listings of their produts, complete with descriptions. This is how the signup process needs to work.

a. New user/company signs up
    ----1. username, pass, etc, but most importantly, a company profile
    b. Once they log into the members area, they are able to do several things
    ----1. they can edit their profile
    ----2. they can add new listings
    ------i. three choices for a listing, free, express, and featured (all different prices)
    ------ii. listings consist of several fields such as name, price, description, etc
    ----3. they can edit and remove listings

I'm sure there will need to be some customization done, but I'm very good with php, so I don't mind doing it. My question though, is about how much customization needs to be done? And is it possible that with a "featured listing" that they could be billed monthly?

Thank you.

edit: also, the admin area will need to be able to fully edit, approve, delete listings and users.
  2. ibiza

ibiza Guest

Can anyone help me?
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi,
    0. Our support section (where you can get prompt response) located here:
    https://www.cgi-central.net/support/

1. Yes, it is full purchase and 98% of source code is editable. 2 files are encoded to make license protection working. However, it doesn't make any problems for customizations.

2. aMember can handle signup, payment and profile editing part. Directory software is not included, but you can integrate any third-party solutions. Please read this:
    http://www.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/docs/html/creatingnewintegrationplugi.htm