Comparable products?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by rickj, Oct 29, 2005.

1. rickj

rickj New Member

I'm trying to decide on this or MCP. Seems these two are the top choices now.

Has anyone had experience with both? Why do you like aMember over MCP?

Thanks!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

MCP never had been top choice! It is very simple script and its long list of features just lists all elementar and necessary features. It has not been seriously changed for years.

aMember Pro is another thing. I'm unable to list all differences here, but I will try to mention what I can remember:
    1. aMember is written in PHP (#1 programming language for web) and uses professional MySQL database, while MCP uses flat-file databases - it will bring to problems sooner or later;
    2. aMember can protect any type of files (including HTML files and images) with HTML login form, while with MCP you will see popup login box.
    3. aMember has built-in affiliate program.
    4. aMember supports 50+ payment processors. MCP... - have a look.
    5. aMember can automatically send emails to customers by some events (ex. 3 days before expiration, or 10 days after subscription start).
    6. aMember has 40+ integration plugins for third-party scripts (bulletin boards, etc.) to share user databases with.
    7. aMember has lot more professional and usable admin interface.
    8. aMember Pro price includes free professional installation (within 24 hours).

MCP should cost ~$60, then it has chances to sell. Current price does not match their position on the market.
  3. rickj

rickj New Member

Thanks, Alex.

I've uploaded the free trial to my server. I'm going to play with it - and try it with my own Paypal account since my client will be using Paypal.

If you have any words of wisdom to share ahead of time, I'll appreciate anything that you can think of that I should watch out for, notice, etc...

Thanks again! [​IMG]
  4. mmtalon

mmtalon New Member

Comparing Product Too! & Support Concerns.

I comparing products too and I’m looking for a good protection program with good tech support. I looked at O******e, which seems to have great technical support. However, I require a program that is very flexible and I got a feeling that Om*******e wasn’t very flexible. In contrast, your program seems flexible enough to be capable of integrating tightly with an existing website?

I recently purchased a program that has the flexibility that I need. Unfortunately, I had some integration problems that I couldn’t get around. Bause the programmer ran a one-man shop I wouldn’t get any help until after two or more days if I got any help at all.

Perhaps you are the only administrator. If this is the case, please tell me how can you be affective and how would you address my concerns for technical support. If you can satisfactory explain this then please confirm my assumption regarding your programs flexibility.

Thank you for your time.

mmtalon
  5. alex

I'm not only administrator. There are other staff answering questions in the helpdesk. They don't answer in forums.

Our support policy is simple : we guarantee response to any questions (IN THE HELPDESK! don't look to forums) within 24 hours, usually lot faster.
  6. rickj

rickj New Member

I'll point out here for others: Yesterday I contacted support for an install problem:

Your message on Tue, 1st Nov 2005 2:02 pm (my contact)
    Message by alexander on Tue, 1st Nov 2005 2:05 pm (the answer)

3 minutes: I was impressed! [​IMG]
  7. alex

Well, we cannot promise this all time, but sometimes it happens :)
  8. mmtalon

mmtalon New Member

Thank you!

Thank you alex and rickj for your replies.

Since my last post I had purchased another program. I am still considering the purchase of Amember. I will send you (alex) a private message to get your input on how to integrate the two programs if possible.

Again thanks for your responses.
  9. pilot

pilot New Member

Hi

I have used MCP and a few others! comparison ? They are not even in the same league as Amember.

Just for a start have a look at their forum's . . can you get into them like you can with Amember? You get to see everything that's going on with the Amember forum.

Support is second to none! I have heard of potential problems say with an update to php that could affect my server from Alex and his team from Amember before anybody else!

The program itself is a suite of superbly written scripts that not only work beautifully, but beyond expectations.

Take my advice and go for Amember . . you are lucky you found it! I made an expensive mistake because I didn't find it first.
  10. rickj

rickj New Member

I've installed and tested it with Paypal...all going smooth except for a last couple tweaks that I'm searching for the answers to...

It was the active forum that was the clincher for me...and I am happy to have experienced VERY quick response from Alex on an install issue.