Community Builder Support

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by andypooz, Feb 28, 2012.

1. andypooz

andypooz New Member

I have read a bunch of posts going back a few years about Amember used with Joomla& Community Builder together. I'm afraid I can't make out whether this is supported or not.

There is a CB plug-in included on this site, but I suspect it is for a much older version of CB, and many users are reporting issues getting it to work with newer releases of CB. I received a support email last week saying that 'There is not any special plugin for CB', but administrators in the forums are urging people to contact support for CB integration.

I understand that Amember will register new members and assign them to a usergroup, using the new access control levels in Joomla 1.6+ (Please correct me if I'm wrong here) If this is true, it's great news.

Community Builder now respects the new Joomla ACL also (since the last release candidate), but essentially, the issue as I understand it is that community builder has its own user table, and this is the difficulty with integration.

Could someone provide a 'state-of-play' for CB integration. I'm happy to hack a few files, preferably under the direction of support here.

Could someone with insight in this area please let me know:
    1) How/ if Amember integrates with CB, whether it's through a plug-in or by changing bits of code
    2) Whether this has any drawbacks compared to usual Joomla integration (I'm thinking respect for access levels, data sharing between cb users tables and amember, etc).

Thanks in advance
    Andy
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hello Andy,
    we have tried to implement CB integration several times, but now we gave up. It is too complicated to make it reliable for all versions and in fact CB provides (partially) the same functionality as aMember, so you can simply use aMember without CB.
  3. andypooz

andypooz New Member

Thanks for the update. I think it'll be CB without Amember in my case.