Checkbox upsell on signup page

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by iankt68, Oct 23, 2008.

1. iankt68

iankt68 New Member

Hi,

I would like to sell a basic plan, plus four optional features. Ideally the signup page would have 4 checkboxes on it, which can be selected in ANY combination, which then changes the subscription price.

I know the current way is to make different products for different options, but for 4 options, that's 24 products, and for 7 options it is more than 5000 possible combinations.

Question: Is there a way to do this currently on aMember's signup page, i.e. calculate an arbitrary amount based on selected options and send that amount to the payment processor?

Thanks in advance,

Ian
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Depending on your payment system, how about this?
    amember admin / setup/ advanced
    Select Multiple Products on Signup Page

Then hardcode the basic plan as chosen and allow the optionals to be chosen.

David
  3. iankt68

iankt68 New Member

Thanks, some clarification.

When you say:
    Then hardcode the basic plan as chosen and allow the optionals to be chosen.

Are you talking about the 'Scope' field?

Thanks,

Ian
  4. iankt68

iankt68 New Member

OK, so I am close but ...

Hi,

I went to the admin -> setup page and turned on multiple products, and they all appear on the sign-up form, which is great. But I cannot see how to hardcode the basic plan as chosen.

Can you give me a hint? Do I need to go into the html or php myself to hack it in? Or is there a setting somewhere in the admin panel to do that?

Thanks,

Ian
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You're gonna have to go into the template signup.html and manually enter the options as html.

David
  6. iankt68

iankt68 New Member

Thank you

Hi David,

Thanks for replying. I am looking at signup.html now. I think I might need to see how the code is built to put a hardcoded product in there, but that's OK. I am currently using the trial version (which is Zended), I don't know if I will have access to the php source if I purchase the full version, but I will work with the HTML first and see what I can get it to do.

Thanks again for all of your help (and nice website you have too).

Regards,

Ian