Changing Subscription Fee

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by vshah01, Apr 26, 2010.

1. vshah01

vshah01 New Member

Members currently pay a $100/month recurring subscription fee to my website using amember & paypal_r.

I am intending to increase the subscription fee to $140/month shortly (all users are currently aware of this and have agreed to this increase with me).

So is there a way i can easily increase the subscription cost for the current product everyone is subscribed to? Or will i need to create a 2nd product and have everyone manually change their subscription?

The latter is not ideal, as I want minimum room for user error/mistakes etc, and would ideally like to make the changes from my end to make it a seamless process with no/minimal user interaction required.

Thanks in Advance :)
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately you need to create second product and ask your users to resubscribe
  3. newce

newce New Member

Changing Subscrition Products

I have a situation with two subscriptions available. Only one subscription type is allowed.

1 - Monthly CDs mailed and MP3 access for $13.95
    2 - Monthly MP3 access only for $6.95

Is there a way to allow changing the subscription without having to cancel the previous subscription and entering the new one?

i.e. if I currently have sub. 1 then can I change it to sub. 2 or vice versa.

If this is possible can you provide the steps in doing this.

Thanks

Newce
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This depends on payment system that you will use. For some payment systems this can be done as customization.
  5. thestockbandit2

thestockbandit2 New Member

Using Authorize.net for payments, can we change a user's subscription from Monthly at $99 to a different Annual subscription at a higher rate within aMember? If so, does the price change automatically take effect to the newer product, or must a manual change be made on the user? Thank you.