Changelog for files?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by nikko, Oct 11, 2014.

1. nikko

nikko New Member

I am a long time customer (since version 2) and I really need to have a 'changelog' optional to each files.
    How the customers knows what has been changed between version without this option?

I will get another 1 year extension if this is added and also if the FAQ is fixed.

Best
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mean you need to know exact changes in files? You can use some diff tools and compare your version against latest one in this case.
  3. nikko

nikko New Member

No I mean, when I release an update to my customers. (version 1->version 2) you have no option to add a changelog so that the customers can read what changes have been done. Right now we have the title of the file and the description.
    The files are just listed, in the customer's area but there is no way for the customer to see that something has changed. No "new" icon for example.
    You could compare the latest download from the customer and the date when the files where updated and display a new button or something.
    Right now, my customers have no way to know that I updated their files other than me sending a newsletter that will reach we know a small part of the customers due to the email nature..
    Having a way to track the changes, a change log for each version so that the customer knows what has been changed in the current version compared with the previous one for example, or even a number version associated with the files so that the customers have more information than the title and the description...
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mean file that you upload at aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Files ?