Change Main Page Link?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jjump, Aug 7, 2012.

1. jjump

jjump New Member

How do you change the Main Page Link? Right now it takes them to within an amember page, and I want the main page link to be our main webpage not an amember page.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You want logged in members to be redirected to another page?
    admin / setup / login page / Redirect after login, set to 1st available link.
    Then in protect content, create a link to the area you want to send them too, along with the proper membership level for that link.

David
  3. jjump

jjump New Member

I've got that set properly. When a person goes to their profile page there is a link at the top of the page that said Main Page. And instead of taking them to the main webpage (my index file) it takes them to another amember page. I want to know how to change that Main Page link.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

5. jjump

jjump New Member

Sorry for the long delay. I've been SWAMPED.

The link that I am talking about is on the amember/member/index page. If I go to the admin panel and login as one of my customers it takes me to the amember/member/index page, which is a page my customers can also see. On the top of the page there are four links. Main Page/Add/Renew Subscription/Payment History/Edit Profile.

That main page link simply takes them to the same page they are on instead of my site's main home page. Is there a way to change that link to take them to the actual site and not their member information front page?
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Not sure really why you are trying to change that link as the 'Main Page' being refereed to is the members main information page which displays newsletters etc.

Say someone clicked on 'Change Profile' tab how would they get back to this information page?
  7. jjump

jjump New Member

Because when you label something as the "main" page that to me says the front page of the website. If not make another link that says Home Page or Front Page and then leave that and label it as Information Page.

To me it's misleading as it is currently labled and used. As it stands now there is no way a person can get out of the amemeber system and onto my actual page from that page or any of the other links on that page and that is not good. You want to make it as easy as possible for folks to navigate.
  8. orish

orish aMember Pro Customer

A year and a half later and I'm still having exactly the same problem. Temporarily I've completely disabled the member profile page because as soon as a user gets to their profile page there's no way for them to get back to my website!

Like the OP above, I'd also like to direct the "Main Page" to a specific page on my website: specifically the page they normally see immediately after they login (currently a fixed URL to a Joomla article page).

How do I do that?

I'd also like to change the text "Main Page" to "Home", it's less ambiguous.
  9. cheetahjab

cheetahjab New Member

Dunno if this will help but I went into "default theme" and Simple added a "Return to Main page" link in the header of the amember members area. Seems to work fine.. though My logo is still LOCKED to the main page of the members area at least they can click the link .