Challenge with product categories

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sgendry, Jan 5, 2015.

1. sgendry

sgendry aMember Pro Customer

I am stuck and can't work out what's wrong:

I have several memberships (earth, bronze, etc.) and have created "upgrade" products because I didn't like the amember built-in product upgrade.

One such product is called "upgrade from earth to bronze standard." It belongs to the product category "bronze membership standard." Another one is called "upgrade from earth to bronze pro." That one belongs to the product category "bronze membership pro."

Each of these 2 products are setup the exact same way. The only difference is the product category they belong to.

Now: "upgrade from earth to bronze standard" shows in the shopping cart of my members who have the earth membership, but its brother "upgrade from earth to bronze pro" does not. The only way to have that 2nd product display is to change its product category to "Bronze membership standard" (from ...pro).

The issue is not with these individual products but their product category ( I have the exact same problem with other products).

What am I missing? There are no set criteria for showing/hiding product categories in amember as far as I am aware.

To make things more confusing the above challenge only happens in amember/signup but not in amember/cart.

Could you point me in the right direction to fix this?
    Thank you.