Can't import all fields for users from a spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by charac_1, Nov 6, 2012.

1. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

I have a cvs file of users and when I try to import this file, it imports the username, password, email, lname, fname, and address fields, but not the subscription, payment, begin date, and end date. And yes, I clicked Add Subscription on the import screen.

The import seems to be balking on the subscription field. Is there some restriction on the values for this field? For my client, the subscription field is a type of membership (basic, senior, business, patron, etc.). The other possibility affecting the import of the users is that the spreadsheet does not have a column for receipt. I am not sure what would be in the receipt field?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can manually input something like 'Import',

David
  3. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

Okay, the problem is not the receipt field, since the import process allows me to enter a global receipt for all users imported at once. The problem is the subscription field. The spreadsheet has the name of the product (which is a membership category) in this column, yet the import process obviously does not accept these values for the subscription field. What is supposed to be in the subscription field?
  4. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

Sorry if my question is vague. Is the subscription field strictly numeric rather than alpha? I can't think of any logical reason why the import process is taking all the other columns from the spreadsheet except the subscription field.
  5. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

Aha! Wish the aMember Pro instructions had been more complete. Indeed, the subscription field is numeric. Once I changed this field from the actual product descriptions to the number associated with each product (the sort order), the import proceeded correctly.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@charac_1 Subscription field should have numeric value which represent [a product] in current installation. You can find these values at Manage Products page, column #. (It is product id (#) in aMember database but not sort order).

We added this notice at import screen. Thank you for your attention.