Can't Add Dreamweaver Behaviors To Member Template

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by Chelsea, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Chelsea

Chelsea Guest

Hi!

I have customized your member.html (template) to reflect the look of our site. What we are actually using the member page for is a member's only area that includes information about our company, benefits for the members, etc. I would like to be able to use a couple of the dreamweaver behaviors (ie. open browser window), but when I add them in and upload the page I get the following error:

Fatal error: Smarty: [in member.html line 4]: syntax error: invalid attribute name - 'window.open(theURL,winName,features);' in /home/onlinegiftaus/html/amember/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 1387

Any ideas on why this would be happening...and also if it is possible to add in javascript would be great!

Thanks in advance!!

Chelsea
  2. servoweb

servoweb Guest

Pay close attention to the code DW is producing. Looks like Smarty is looking for the js in the wrong location.

I'd personally suggest take the DW js code out of the html template and place it in an external file...

Find the javascript in your head, cut all the javascript code (including comments) between the
    Code:
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
    and
    Code:
    </script>
    Then create a new, empty js file in, for example /js/, then paste your code to the new file. Save, then replace the above two remaining lines with
    Code:
     <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/yourjavascript.js"></script> 
    To add, be sure to call everything relative to root, that way the code is always in the relative location, regardless of where the file calling the code is located.

Not only that, but this will also cache the js code for use on all pages that use the template, thereby speeding up your page load speeds.
  3. squidjomom

squidjomom Guest

More Dreamweaver JS issues

I've implemented the solution listed above for my js, but the drop down menus created in fireworks/dreamweaver are still not functioning.

is there something unique about the js for the drop down menus that would prevent it from working?

Thanks
  4. Chelsea

Chelsea Guest

This worked for me

This is what Alex told me to do originally and it worked like a charm!! Sorry the answer was posted in one of the other forums...

Hope it helps!! :)

Chelsea