Can I use aMember as just an 'Access" page?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by forduki, Jul 24, 2008.

1. forduki

forduki New Member

Hi,

I've posted here before about whether aMember will do what I want and received some good replies but now my requirements have changed somewhat.

I have a Joomla site using VirtueMart to sell downloads and some physical products.

I have separate areas of the site that are to be only for subscribed members. The special areas include VirtueMart pages.

My intention is to use aMember to grant access to these special areas and still use VirtueMart for the actual sales etc. Is this possible - indeed is it what aMember is actually for?

I have tried AEC for my Joomla subscription but can't get it to work so I'm thinking that I may be able to use aMember.

At the risk of repeating myself I basically want the customer to be able to purchase things with a normal VirtueMart account but then be able to subscribe to a membership to give them access to certain priviledged products.

I hope to use Protx for payments and would like t to be integrated into the site so the entire checkout is performed on my site.

I really hope someone can give me an idea of if I can do all this.

Thanks