Can I setup initial set up fee?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by piper, Feb 19, 2004.

1. piper

piper New Member

Hi,

With amember pro, is it possible to set up a product with an initial price of X, but then changes to Y for each subsequent month?

For example, join now for $10 then each month only pay $5 to remain a member?

Or can I only assign a fixed fee to a membership?

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If payment processor supports this feature, aMember usually allow you to do it. Which payment processor(s) are you going to use?
  3. piper

piper New Member

I was going to use PayPal and ClickBank... Which leads me onto some further questions.

1) How does amember work with ClickBank's affiliate scheme? I use one ClickBank account for many products however I can only set one global affiliate percentage that affects all of my products. Will people be able to use their affiliate links with amember to get a commission?

2) How does amember handle recurring transactions with ClickBank/PayPal?

3) Can I offer both ClickBank and PayPal as payment options for the same membership type?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Your affiliate program on ClickBank works without any problems and changes and without any relation with aMember - it just completely handled on ClickBank side.

2. There is no ability (for any script!) to handle recurirng transaction / trials with ClickBank. However, sales will be handled automatically and user is able to login into aMember profile and renew his subscription, staying with the same usename/password.
    PayPal subscriptions works just fine - recurring billing, trials - everything works . User subscription will be terminated automatically if recurring billing failed.

3. Yes. But if you offer trial, it will work with Paypal only - those who pay via ClickBank will pay full price immediately (sorry, they will pay $5 - regular price, not $10 - it is trial price).