Can Amember Sort By Email Domain

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by daveh, Jul 14, 2003.

1. daveh

daveh Guest

I don't need a pay site, but was thinking of using aMember to manage my users with my IPB board. I am and ISP that offers a forum site to my customers. I would like anyone to be able to use the forum, but want to place my own customers in a special group (with different permissions). The only way that I can determine my own customers is by their email domain (the forum registration script will not have access to my customer db). I was going to custom code IPB, but thought maybe aMember could handle this for me.

Can aMember get the users email domain from their registration email address and then upon successful registration, place them into a specific group. I only need this to work with one specific domain - all others would just be regular members. For example: If a user signs up and enters an email address of dave@isp.com, because his domain is isp.com, I know he's my customer and would get a special group.

2nd question: IPB's registration has a COPPA form available for sites that allow kids under 13. Can aMember handle that and if so, can it put those users into a particular group just for kids?

Thanks,
    daveh
  2. pilot

pilot New Member

Hi Davah

As standard you can sort your records by Login, name, Email, Phone, anywhere and expired.

You have an agreement page that you activate in Admin that requires a box to be checked against any agreement you require.

I've purchased Amemberpro, never looked back!!
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi daveh,
    Yes, it can, but only small modification of forum plugin required. Basicaly aMember give a group depends on subscribed product, but if you will have one lifetime membership for your users, it will be easy to modify plugin the way you need.
    Currently it have agreement for subscription.
    After user fill signup form, he must access user agreement, if he will not accept, he will be unable to subscribe. As I understood, you want the same thing, with one difference:
    If user will not accept agreement, he will be able to signup, but will get special group in forum. If I understand you correct, it can be done.