Bypassing Amember Login

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by David, Jul 29, 2003.

1. David

David Guest

:unsure: I am looking for a member registration and access management system and am very impressed with amember pro. Great interface and features!

I have setup the free version for evaluation and have some queries. Using the .htaccess protection method with amember free, I find that it is possible for a user to create a shortcut to (or type directly into the browser address box) the path to the protected directory. Protection still operates, via the apache popup login, but the amember system is bypassed. Hence there is no record of that person's access and the number of IP's used in a set period wouldn't be counted.

Is it possible with the .htaccess method and amember, to ensure that all logins occur through the amember login, and not the apache popup, even when a user tries to go directly to the protected directory?
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

3. davido

davido New Member

:D Hi Alex
    I followed your above link and tried the php_include with auto_prepend_file method and it looks to be working just fine. Thanks Alex. You really do provide excellent service! Regards David