BUYER BEWARE

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by foreverpetcare, Feb 27, 2015.

1. foreverpetcare

foreverpetcare New Member

IF you purchase Amember plan on paying every year. The stand alone program they guarantee to work forever doesn't. My program now has "fatal Errors" and no longer works and Amember has said it isn't a bug it's actually a program issue from installation. Even though its a problem with the original program they will not fix it until I PAY MORE "Your existing aMember Pro installation will work for lifetime according to license agreement, but to receive upgrades and support, you may purchase subscription renewal" doesn't mean anything!!!!

If you buy this software know that it will not work forever, ad you will be paying yearly, Amember will make sure of it!
  2. foreverpetcare

After posting this a few minutes later, Fatal Error was fixed. So far they have lived up to their promise.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Richard,
    This is not necessary to create duplicate posts, so I have removed other identical thread from pre-sales questions.
    I have fixed your installation and sent you a reply through helpdesk. I believe that staff who dealt with your tickets wasn't aware that your upgrades and support subscription was expired already and that you are unable to upgrade your installation.
    To my knowledge we didn't guarantee that your purchased program will work forever. We just can't guarantee this, because our script relies on many technologies (php+MySQl, etc..) and these technologies are being changed constantly.
    For example scripts which were created on php 4 few years ago just won't work on modern servers. So we can't guarantee that technology will not change!
    I believe there was just some sort of misunderstanding, yes we asked to upgrade your installation, and we always recommend to use up to date software and everyone will recommend the same. No one uses Windows 3.11 currently : )
  4. foreverpetcare

Hi Alexander,

I appreciate you fixing the program, I am glad you are honoring your guarantee. Which is a guarantee as your license states "Your existing aMember Pro installation will work for lifetime according to license agreement..." A lifetime is a very long time or are you being misleading here?

My Server, PHP, MySQl, and Windows are currently up to date. My Amember is 4.3.6 which was very current this year as I received that upgrade less than a year ago. I understand that as the technology advances I will need to upgrade your program if I wish to continue using it. However 6 months old isn't the time that your program is so out of date it no longer works.

There wasn't a misunderstanding as the emails stated clearly "
    Hello,
    Please send me aMember accecss (url/login/pass) and FTp access (host/login/pass).
    I will troubleshoot this issue.
    By the way you may want to renew your subscription for 'Download aMember Pro Updates and Support (12 months)' 80$ Your existing subscription for support and upgrades is already expired.
    Best Regards."

Again I appreciate your quick repair of the program I purchased, and may still update in the future as you do have a great program. It just gets me very upset when companies do not stand behind what they guarantee. You obviously aren't one of those companies as you have fixed the errors.

Thank you again Alexander. People that buy your program can be assured that push come to shove you will back your product.

Cheers,

Richard
  5. terriz

terriz Member

I have been using Amember for over 10 years now. Alex ALWAYS stands behind his guarantee. I'm here to learn about upgrading from v3 to v4 and saw this post - just wanted to add my $0.02.
  6. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

I really can't believe you actually posted that, Richard... either you were incredibly naive to believe that interpretation in the context of software or incredibly cunning to take advantage of a pedantic interpretation of words written by a non-native English speaker.

I really hope its the former...