Bundle Discount Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by robert_eaton, Feb 3, 2017.

1. robert_eaton

robert_eaton New Member

I currently run a membership site (powered by another membership software) with about 500 paid customers and 20k+ free members. I'm looking to make the switch to aMember. On my site I sell the following types of subscription products:

• Recurring Billing Product 1: 30 days of access ($29.99); 90 days of access ($79.99); 365 days of access ($199)
    • Recurring Billing Product 2: 30 days of access ($29.99); 90 days of access ($79.99); 365 days of access ($199)
    • Product 3 (all same as above)
    • Product 4 (all same as above)

Product 1, 2, 3 & 4 give you access to separate types of content. Some people choose to buy both product 1 and product 2, sometimes for the same term, others for two separate terms and then others still just only buy one product.

When a user is adding items to their cart, I'd like to be able to incentivize them to purchase multiple products by giving them a steadily increasing discount for each product they add to their cart. For example, 1 product in the cart, no discount. 2 products in the cart, 10% discount. 3 products, 20%. All 4, 50% discount.

My questions are:
    • Can the above be accomplished?
      • If so, what happens if a user cancels one of products they purchased? Will they automatically be bumped down to next appropriate discount? For example, if they checked out with 3 products for the 20% discount, but then cancel one of their 3 products the following month, they shouldn't be getting a 20% discount anymore, but rather a 10% discount (since they've only got two subscription products now)
    • What happens if a customer originally only purchases 1 product (so no discount), but comes back 2 weeks or 2 months later and adds another subscription? They'd then have 2 subscription products active, making them eligible for the 10% discount. Will that automatically be applied?
    I need all of the above functionality and would like to know if it's possible.