Bulletin Boards "Single-registration" support

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by bjk68, Dec 8, 2008.

1. bjk68

bjk68 New Member

On the features page, I read about the "Single-login" support, but I cannot find anything about "Single-registration" support. Or do you support single-registration for all bulletin boards, where I see "Single-login" support.

"Single-registration" means that the user only has to register at aMember, and that aMember handles the registration of the same account within the Bulletin Board.

Or do new users have to register twice when using aMember and the bulletin board plugin for phpBB3? Once for aMember and after that once for phpBB3?
    And only after they have created these two accounts (aMember and phpBB3) they can enjoy the benefit of Single-login?

Does logging in into aMember logs them automatically into phpBB3?
    Or is it the other way around: users have to login into phpBB3 first and are then automatically logged into aMember.

I hope account creation and logging in into phpBB3 is both done by the aMember plugin. So the user only has to register and login into aMember. Can you confirm this?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

New members register via amember, this adds them to amember and PHPBB.
    Once registered, they generally log in via phpbb3.

David
  3. bjk68

bjk68 New Member

My phpBB3 bulletin board will be in an aMember restricted area. So my users will have to log in through aMember. I expect them to be automatically logged into phpBB3 this way.

Can I conclude that aMember is capable to provide an automatic logon to phpBB3 by logging into aMember?

Can you confirm this can be done with aMember?
  4. davidm1

I havent done a walled garden approach to PHPBB3 so cant say definitively. My experience in the past that logging in via amember did not log you into phpbb3, but this may have been fixed.

David
  5. bjk68

bjk68 New Member

How can I get verified if this has been fixed?
  6. bjk68

bjk68 New Member

Which bulletin boards are FULLY supported?

And maybe someone can tell me which bulletin boards are FULLY supported by aMember, so I get at least the following:
    • Automatic bulletin board registration, when registering at aMember
    • Logging in to aMember means being logged into the bulletin board

Is phpBB3 FULLY supported?
    Is Invision Power Board FULLY supported?
    Is vBulletin FULLY supported?
    How about other boards?
  7. davidm1

I just did an integration of PHPBB3 behind a walled garden (directory is protected by amember) and user is not getting logged in via amember.

Have a tech support ticket in to see if this has been fixed.

Will post when I know for sure.

David
  8. davidm1

Tech support fixed my mistake- had wrong cookie name in amember plugin setting :eek:

That means that PHPBB3 is fully integrated.

David
  9. bjk68

bjk68 New Member

Thanks! This is a great relief for me. Otherwise I had to migrate my forum to another product.

Can you tell me the right cookie name to be used in the amember plugin setting? Or is it in the plugin manual.
  10. davidm1

I usually use phpbb3

David