bulletin board integration questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by stephanie, Jan 26, 2004.

1. stephanie

stephanie Guest

I already bought the pro version and implemented it for a client a few months ago. We are very happy about it.

Now I have another client who would like to use Amember.

Problem is, this time, we need to integrate it with a bulletin board. I normally use phpBB or Invision board.

But since Amember cannot handle one-time sign in with phpbb, I guess this is out of the question.

I just found out that they are charging over at INvision board.

THis has left me in the dark.

I need a board where after integrated with Amember, there is only one-time sign in, and possibly a free board.

Can anyone give any suggestions as to how I can work this out.

THanks.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I think that there's no such boards now.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Alex,

What are the advantages of buying the phpbb plugin with Amember if I cannot use it as one-time sign in?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember will maintain phpBB members database according to user status. For example, member can become member of some user group when his subscription is active in aMember, so you can allow access to some forums for subscribed users only.
    For example, if your site is "forum-based", and you are using recurirng billing, most your members will never need to login into aMember!
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I recommend vbulletin. I am glad to see that alex just recently changed to vbulletin. Its one of the most powerful boards available.

I suggest purchasing a license for vbulletin if you are going to invest money into it.