Bulk sales

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dtlevin, Jul 19, 2004.

1. dtlevin

dtlevin New Member

I have a client that wishes to purchase memberships in bulk from my site so that he can offer them to his students. He would want to be able to sign them up and activate them without going though our site. here is what he wrote

"First, can we buy your accounts and deliver them to our students directly
    not going through your registering system. For example, let us buy few
    accounts at one time, and they can login by the accounts we offer them
    whenever they decide to take this couse for a week. Is this possible?"

Does anyone know of a way to do this with amember or have any recommendations?
    thanks
  2. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

I'm interested in the same thing.
    Tom
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately, current aMember core doesn't allow to implement such a feature.
  4. dtlevin

dtlevin New Member

bulk work around

I think I have a workaround.

I can set up a product only for that reseller. and assign it to its own product group so that no one else could see it. This page could be put into a frmae or someting to make it look like his site/branding and protect it.

He could then use a coupon code that I generate to add user names and passwords by just signing them up and entering the coupon code to override payment. I can control the coupon so he doesn't go ever his limit and he can prepay the amount he wants

The only thing I would need to do would be to overide the unique email feature in the signup. Is that possible to do for one product but not another?

Does this sound like it whould work? I know its not perfect but I want to stick with amember.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is possible. Just disable unique email requirement.