BuddyPress integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by marc_etienne71, Aug 31, 2012.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

From my experience with this integration I can say that the aMember/WordPress registration/login sync works well. I really can't think of a time I have seen this fail. Again, it is all about the sync between aMember and WordPress. BuddyPress allows WordPress users to join groups and the group access is handled like a subscription product from aMember.
    All registration and logins/logouts must be handled in aMember for this to work correctly. That is why you
    uncheck "Anyone can Register". This is covered on this page of the WordPress documentation. The reason BuddyPress "requires" that WordPress registration to be turned on is that BuddyPress is designed to handle registrations through the "Register" page. With the aMember integration you leave WordPress registration turned off and do not present the Register page to the user. The only issue with this is they don't see the extended profile page during the registration process, but that can be dealt with as a secondary action.

From my testing last night, I am certain that BuddyPress protection is not working correctly. I sent in a report last night to Alexander and he has already responded. I actually have sent him two additional screen recordings this morning. Just a little more tweaking and this should be a done deal.

I will place detailed documentation in the WordPress Installation Guide Wiki as soon as this gets ironed out.
  2. garethfsa

garethfsa New Member

Hi again gswaim - my amember to WP user sync is fine. But when I go to BP members directory the user does not appear. Any thoughts?
  3. gswaim

Humm.. That shouldn't have anything to do with the aMember integration. But not sure what it is without pounding on it. I do see an admin in the directory.

My experience with BuddyPress is that it can be temperamental at times. My test site stopped allowing me to create groups yesterday. I am not sure why, but after a reinstall it started working again.
  4. garethfsa

garethfsa New Member

The admin is the WP admin. I was able to register members before I added aMember to the site. Now of course the register users button is unclicked so that doesn't work, actually tried to recheck that button but new registrations are not allowed anyway - i guess because aMwember is now active. Maybe i will uninstall BP and try again. Wonder if it could be because of theme compatibility? I am using 2012.
  5. gswaim

To check this go to themes in WordPress and change to the "BuddyPress Default" theme. If it works now you would know it is a theme issue.
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

garethfsa,
    Do you have latest version of plugin? Do you see buddypress settings in aMember CP -> Setup -> Wordpress or in aMember CP -> protect Content -> Integrations (buddypress groups should be there)?