Blocking User From Accessing Even If Product Payment Goes Through

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by jeremy_krakowski, Nov 21, 2016.

1. jeremy_krakowski

jeremy_krakowski New Member

We use 1shoppingcart to process payments.

For the the life of me, creating a ban group, a locked product, locking the account, banning the username, and banning the email address do not work!

I want to be able to adjust my users monthly payment in my cart from $97 to $10 to "freeze" thier account.

This is easy.

The problem is because it's the same product in amember, and it have it set to receive payments and automatically make accounts, amember treats the $10 as a payment to the product, and re-activates thier account.

EVEN if they are set to banned, locked, a locked prroduct, banned group, banned username, banned email - if amember receives a payment it gives access to that user.

Is there a way to set it to where a user is HARD blocked from accessing anything with that email address that is used and even if a recurring payment goes through it does not ever reach the users account in amember as a successful payment until re-activated?

That way we can take $10/m freeze payments but the user doesn't get access for that $10 until we manually unblock them.

Simply put I want to block this user from accessing ANYTHING whatsoever, period until I unblock them, and that's just not possible. on a per user basis.
  2. jeremy_krakowski

jeremy_krakowski New Member

OK... I very silly. When i locked the user I was attempting to login as the user from the Admin CP --- which obviously still works LOL

When a user is locked they can't login with the login form, so looks like my plan works just fine.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, you are right. These restriction has not affect if you login from admin interface. In case user will try to login then he will see error message and will not be able to do it until you unlock his account.