Best Way to Protect PDFs Sold Individually & Via Self-Service Credits

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by sharonchinn11, Jul 5, 2017.

1. sharonchinn11

sharonchinn11 New Member

I'm working through the design/setup of my site. I sell a couple memberships that have access to specific WP posts and I understand how to protect those in folders and via the protection options in the WP post.

But I also want to create a shopping cart that has 100+ pdf files that will be sold individually. Is there a way to upload all of the pdfs via ftp to a folder, but protect the pdf files in the folder individually, limiting access to those who purchase it.

I tried protecting the folder but that's not working because it seems to be an all or nothing protection.

The File protection option, looks like it requires the pdf to be uploaded from that window for each file protection I create, which is time consuming when I have so many to upload. I don't see an option to browse previously uploaded files.

Suggestions, please.

sharonchinn.com
  2. sharonchinn11

sharonchinn11 New Member

Well if I poke around long enough, sometimes I can answer my own questions and found under File protection there is a place that I can upload files by ftp... I just had to click on Disk.