Before upgrading to PRO...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lisalisa, Feb 16, 2004.

1. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

Alex,

Thanks for the answer on the forum. Before I buy the upgrade, I'd like to ask a question or two more. I emailed this to you but haven't heard back so I will post also. Re: eteleseries.com.

1. Will I have to make changes to the protected folders after the upgrade? (Am currently using htaccess to secure but want to use the php security. I'd be OK with leaving it htaccess - but working right for all the users of course - for now, then going in and changing it later when I have the time.)

2. I am running a simple threaded php discussion board in each area. This is why I didn't use the php security to begin with, I was under the impression that these would not work together. (We have a VERY web UNsavy group and I've tried boards like yours and they won't use it.) Will leaving my area just AS IS be a problem with using the php security on the new PRO version?

3. Users CANNOT be able to see the membership page that allows them to subscribe to different areas. We process payments through 1 Shopping Cart and then I sign members up myself in their eteleseries classroom, the products in amember are technically "free" but in reality are $1000 plus each. So obviously, we don't want a student in one classroom to EVER have the chance to sign themselves up into another classroom and go right in.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa Beers
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Lisa,
    I have not received your email. Please use https://www.cgi-central.net/support/ to be sure that your message received.

1. Of course, you have ability to upgrade protected area any time. Nothing changes after aMember installation.
    2. php_include protection should work without any problems with your board.
    3. You just delete files amember/signup.php and amember/member.php after installation and it's all.