Backup button?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 123Marketing, Apr 27, 2016.

1. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

I have 5.07 installed.

And I could have sworn I saw a backup button in aMember...

But now I cannot find it.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find it again?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I guess you have CC module enabled. Online backup feature is disabled in this case for security reason. I suggest to use either your hosting backup feature or mysqldump utility to backup aMember database.
    ccwjames likes this.
  3. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

Yes, I am using Stripe.

Is it possible in a future release to click the [Backup] button (and automatically put aMember in maintenance mode... temporarily disable the CC module) so the backup can all be done in a click?

Even better, offer the option to use a cron job to do the backup automatically and send it to my email. That would be AMAZING (and probably simple to program).

I HATE having to take the extra time and effort to login via SSH and remember unix commands for backing up...

And I do not use cpanel - it can still be a security risk.

Anyone else reading this... would you like this?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Feel free to contact us in helpdesk. I will give you cron job command that you can set on your server once and it will do dump of tables and data and mail it to you automatically. Actually database backup can be huge and I do not recommend to email it but just save to some other machine.
  5. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

i have a script that u can tell it what files to back up and run every hour, or once a day etc